North Sea shrimp soup, with a Martin’s Pale Ale sabayon
- 4 people
- Martin's Pale Ale
- 500 g North Sea shrimps with the tails removed
- Olive oil
- Sliced onion, carrot and soup celery
- Pinch of saffron
- 2 Chinese star anise
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 10 cl white wine
- 1,5 l d’eau ou de bouillon de poisson
- Salt and pepper
- Sabayon :
- 3 jaunes d’oeufs
- 3 egg yolks
- 10 cl Martin’s Pale Ale
- 2 tablespoons of reduced
- fish stock
- Cook the shrimps in the olive oil and add the cut vegetables.
- Add white wine and then saffron, anise and garlic.
- Add fish stock or water and bring to the boil.
- Let it cook for about 10 minutes and press through a sieve.
- Bring the mixture back to the boil and cook until the correct thickness and taste is achieved.
- Taste and add more seasoning if required.
- Beat the egg yolks together with the Martin’s Pale Ale and fish stock over a low flame until light and fluffy.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the soup into four glasses and cover with the sabayon.