Saddle of hare in Pale Ale
- 4 people
- Martin's Pale Ale
- 2 saddles of hare
- 200g of shiitake mushrooms
- Pale ale
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 heads of Belgian endive
- 2 parsnips
- 2 apples
- 8 pre-cooked sweet chestnuts
- Clean the saddles of hare and cook the carcase with 20 cl of beer, a chopped onion and the carrot cut into slices.
- Add the thyme and the bay leaves and reduce by three quarters.
- Clean the mushrooms and cook them in butter.
- Glaze the Belgian endives raw and sweat the parsnips.
- Caramelise this mixture with two spoonfuls of the sauce and a spoon of sugar.
- Cook the saddle of hare in butter.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Brown the apples that you have peeled with a dash of beer and add the sweet chestnuts at the end of the cooking time.
- Arrange each plate with a portion of saddle of hare surround by the sauce that you have whisked slightly with butter and a portion of each of the vegetables.