Eel in green sauce with Timmermans Lambicus Blanche
- 4 people
- Timmermans Blanche Lambicus
- 1 kg eel
- 30 cl fish fumet
- 15 cl Timmermans Lambicus Blanche
- 1 bunch of chervil, 1 of parsley, 1 of watercress
- 3 x 2 basil, dill, marjoram
- ½ kg spinach
- 20 cl liquid cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 40 g butter
- juice 1 lemon
- pepper and salt
- Cook the spinach, the garden sorrel and the herbs in salted water for 3 minutes.
- Then immediately immerse in ice water in order to preserve the green colour.
- Fry the pieces of eel until golden brown in a large knob of butter.
- Season with salt and pepper and quench with Timmermans Lambicus Blanche.
- Leave to cook for a little while.
- Add the fish fumet and allow for the eel to become soft.
- Finely chop the herbs and the spinach to a green paste in a food processor.
- Once the eel is soft, add the green paste and the lemon juice.
- Stir in the egg yolks with the cream and thicken the eel with this mixture.
- Do not cook any longer.